The U.S. Supreme Court is about to release its decision in a landmark Climate Change case. Joining us to discuss this impending ruling is Guy Mitchell, author of the book: Global Warming, the Great Deception.
- Global Warming: In the book, “The Great Deception” by Guy Mitchell, it disproves virtually every science-based claim by climate scientists and the proponents of the man-made global warming hypothesis
- The world’s temperature databases depict no significant warming of the world’s atmosphere, land mass, or oceans
i. Since NOAA satellites began measurement of the temperature of the lower atmosphere in 1979, the temperature anomaly (monthly average vs. 30 yr. average) has increased only 0.13C/decade, or, 0.013C/yr., arguably within the measurement margin of error
ii. Since 2000, NOAA’s Argo Float program has measured a temperature change of 0.02 C/decade in the world’s oceans, about 0.002/yr. and arguably within the measurement margin of error.
iii. NOAA measurements of the increase in the temperature of the land mass over the last 140 yrs indicate that the average surface temperature of the Earth has increased by 2F. That is an increase of 0.014F/yr., hardly a heat wave. It should be noted that for most of this period, temperature was recorded using a thermometer graduated in 1 degree increments or more. Finally, NOAA data indicates that the surface temperature peaked in 2017 and has been on the decline since.
- The climate models developed by the UNIPCC consistently fail back testing or the ability to predict historical changes in the Earth’s “average temperature” using historical data. The UNIPCC has admitted that the historical database for most climate parameters is inaccurate and incomplete. The predictions concerning future changes in the Earth’s temperature have all proven to be wrong (high).
- Heat transfer calculations employing proven scientific techniques for analysis and publicly available data indicate that the 120 ppm increase in CO2 concentration the Earth’s atmosphere (attributed to anthropogenic activities) has only added 2 W.m-2 of downwelling heat flux into the Earth’s heat balance. This is the equivalent of 0.2% of the Sun’s total irradiance on a clear summer’s day at equatorial latitudes. This de minimus amount of heat is quickly dissipated at the Earth’s surface. It has no effect on the temperature the Earth’s biosphere.
- LWIR emissions from CO2 molecules in the Earth’s atmosphere can not penetrate the surface of the world’s oceans beyond a depth of 100 microns, about the diameter of a human hair. The world’s oceans comprise 71% of the surface of the Earth. Therefore, CO2 emissions can not have any effect on the temperature of the world’s oceans.
- The concept of an average temperature of the Earth is a figment of the climate scientists imagination conjured up in an effort to prove a fraudulent hypothesis. The temperature of the Earth is different at every point in time and space. Calculating an average temperature of the earth by adding the temperature of different locales around the globe is a non sensical exercise. It has no validity in science. A calculation of equal value would be to calculate the average zip code in the US to locate the average American city. By scientific definition, temperature is a proxy for the average kinetic energy of the molecules in a system.
Economics: It is all about the money
- Over $1 Trillion has been spent on climate research world wide with nothing to show for it. The UNIPCC promotes the false global warming narrative to obtain research funding.
- The stated goal of the UN IPCC is to transfer wealth from the developed nations to the developing nations under the guise of fighting climate change. The mechanisms to transfer that wealth include the selling of carbon credits, developed nations funding the Green Climate Fund which promotes “green investments” in developing countries and a tax on carbon emissions of the developed nations.
- In 2004, Al Gore and a partner from Goldman Sachs, David Blood, former CEO of Goldmans Asset Management Fund, started Generation Investment Management in London to trade carbon credits. At that time, the world market for carbon credit trading was about $10 billion. In 2019, it was $215 billion and is rapidly expected to reach $1 trillion.
In October 2021, Generation Investment Management, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft and Harvard Management Company, which manages Harvard’s endowment fund, formed a new climate-focused asset fund named “Just Climate.” “The sustainable investment industry has grown rapidly in recent years, a welcome development that gives the world a better chance of creating a net-zero, prosperous, equitable, healthy, and safe society,” Gore said in a release. “However, the climate crisis now demands an increase in the speed and scale of our collective actions by accelerating our current efforts and at the same time innovating new climate financing models.”